Thursday, October 17, 2013

Carnies & Conrads

 
I can't believe the fair is already over! As a kid it went on for so long now I go once and all of a sudden everything is gone and it's back to being an empty parking lot. I was given tickets to the rodeo so I dusted off my boots and drove myself down to the fair. I was meeting up with my cousin, who is practically a sister, Kelsey (part of Team P&P) who was already there. Winding through the makeshift isles between rides, food and games we finally joined each other and started towards the opposite end where the rodeo was about to start. Once safely inside we made our way to our seats and waited for the show to begin. Now growing up in Colorado and living the last 13 years of my life in Oklahoma I'm very used to cowboys but sit them up on a horse and it changes everything! I have no idea why but a good looking strong guy on a horse can melt my heart any day of the week. So you can say I had a good time. We watched the bull and bronco riding, calf roping and the thing where they jump off there horse run to the cow and turn it's head until it lays down and rolls onto its back. I'm not really sure what that part's called. We decided to skip out on women's barrel riding so we could go outside into the fair to get some food. Ya'll let me tell you. FRIED PICKELS IS WHERE IT'S AT. Add a little side of southwest ranch and you're gonna have a little twang in you.
On our way back into the rodeo we decided to get some chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick dipped in nuts... I'm obsessed with cheesecake and just couldn't pass it up. The creamy cake with the chocolate and nuts was delicious! Well that was a quick $30 spent. We went back inside to watch some kids chase calf's around - so cute! Then that's when the music happened! The lowered a stage from the ceiling and we got to run down onto the dirt and watch The Josh Abbott Band play some music for about 30 minutes. It was certainly a great night to relax, have some fun and check out some good lookin' cowboys!


Now on a completely unrelated note. I used to be a huge fan of The Hills. Well at least the first couple of seasons before it became super fake. I never really watched Laguna Beach so I had no idea who LC was or why she mattered. Now that it's been about 10 years since it all started I find myself weekly checking out her website and pinterest boards for the best recipes, books to read and overall tips on design. Plus she just got engaged over the weekend to her handsome beau. So you know what that means - wedding posts!! Who doesn't love a good wedding post?! I would expect nothing but the best.
 
 
 
                                                                                         xo, Erica
 

No comments:

Post a Comment