Thursday, October 24, 2013

My 6 Week Holiday Clense | Fit & Healthy

Happy Thursday everyone! Just one more day left in the week and then it's the wonderful weekend! I seriously love the combo of Friday/Saturday/Sunday. I mean who doesn't love an open schedule that includes sleeping in?! I hardly get to these days with my schedule filling up so last week I took full advantage of my Sunday morning since I had brunch plans at 1pm. I set an alarm to wake me at 10am if I wasn't already awake which I figured I would be since during the week I wake up on my own at 7am. I woke Sunday to my phone ringing and my friend Matt asking If we were still meeting and what sounded good. I looked at my clock and it said 12:40pm. WHAT?! I haven't slept that late since I was in high school, basically when I went to bed at 7am and was a hooligan. Fast forward into the future and you will see that Hooli still likes to come out every now and then but like to be in bed no later than 2am. At that point I turn into a cranky lump and will sleep wherever and however I want. Standing or sitting I will make it happen. I need my sleep...
 
I find myself always wanting more sleep in the winter. I'm guessing it has to do with shorter days and it getting darker faster. I mean, at 7pm it's completely dark. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I've noticed with the dark sky my huger disappears. I think it might have to do with the fact that I've made the wise decision to not eat after 8pm but the darkness makes it seem later. I know it's typical for people to lose weight in the summer and gain in the winter but it's completely opposite for me. Cold dark weather makes me want to stay away from all of the crappy holiday food and stick to the healthier options. I've made a bit of a deal with my uncle this year; to lose 30lbs by Christmas. We made this deal in August and at this point I've fluctuated a little bit but hardly budged. So I decided to put together my own 6 week cleanse and meal plan to get my but in gear before the Holidays. I plan on starting Monday and it will end on December 8th. Which is perfect because I leave for my trip a week after so I plan on doing a fruit and veggie cleanse the remaining 7 days before I leave. I'm combining the meal plan with 35 minute high intensity weight training and cardio workouts 5 days per week to  help shed even more fat. I'm putting the final touches on my meal plan and will share it with all of you at the end of my 6 weeks along with a before and after pic, my measurements and my body fat percentage. My roommate Heather and cousin Kelsey are also doing it with me so I have people to help keep me accountable. To help keep track of my daily intake we have all downloaded the MY FITNESS PAL app to our phones to enter our meals and linked our accounts so we can view what everyone is eating. I'm really looking forward to the transformation and I'm excited about continuing it after I get back from my Holiday trip. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to pig out on my trip, I'm going to continue to eat healthy and when we eat out I will make sure my portions are small and nutritious.
 
It's going to be a long 6 weeks but I know that I can do it. Having the trip as a reward is such motivation. I know that my uncle has an awesome reward for us for getting healthy together which I don't want to share yet. It will be a fun surprise! Until then I will be shopping for cute clothes to wear and new fun boots to add to my closet. As if I need more... It's not too late for you to join in! Create a goal and go for it! I believe in in you!!
 
                                                         xo, Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment