Saturday, July 12, 2014

It's the Life | Lifestyle

I know that being busy is no excuse to go a WEEK without posting but let me just tell you that this last week has been just that. My family was in Gulf Shores so I had the pups for the week. Today started off at 8:30am - yes, today being Saturday... and I was off to work for a few hours then to run errands and pick up some needed kitchen items. If you didn't know I recently moved into a fabulous apartment all by myself and was surprised to find that I didn't have some basic kitchen necessities. A simple and speedy trip to Bed Bath and Beyond also ended up taking me through Ross & Marshals. Whoops! After that I was able to squeeze in a quick lunch and trip to target with my friend Kelsey. At this point all I wanted to do was take a nap but instead settled for ONE episode of Dawson's Creek on Netflix. YES I LOVE DAWSON'S CREEK!! I wasn't quite old enough to appreciate the late night teen soap in it's prime but I'm getting all caught up now. If you have never seen it, stop rolling your eyes and watch an episode. I'm telling you - IT'S THE BEST!! Then it was to work on cleaning and organizing the new chateau. I'm still unpacking...



So now that I have caught you up on just a little peek into part my day I wanted to share a little something that's been on my heart. A friend of mine posted this pic on Instagram a few weeks ago (SHOUTOUT @sedefhouston) and it really was one of those quotes that hit home with me. "LIFE IS GETTING UP AN HOUR EARLY TO LIVE AN HOUR MORE." Gaugh!! Just reading it again gives me this magical feeling like I have just discovered the answer to a question I didn't know I was asking. It makes me me want to set my alarm 2 hours early to wake up, make some tea or coffee and sit on the patio in the morning. It inspires me to do everything with more passion. To look beyond my busy schedule and spend time with the people that I love and spend time doing things that make my soul happy.  XO

No comments:

Post a Comment