Monday, September 1, 2014

Snickers Apple Salad | Re-Post

These last 5 days off have been AMAZING! I was able to get out of town, relax, and have some fun with my friends and family. There should be a Holiday weekend every month. With work starting back up tomorrow I know I will be super busy playing catch up for the rest of the week so I wanted to get another post in. I saw my girl TARALYNN post about her most recent blog post on INSTA and just knew I had to check it out. I mean - when you see a pic of food and you want to start eating it through your phone... there is a good chance it's that good in real life too. So I haven't tried it yet but trust me - next weekend this will be making a splash at a football party. Have a great week! XO, Erica

Snickers Apple Salad: Saturday Football Grub


On Saturday, Emilee and I went over to a friends house to watch football. (GO HAWKEYES) You can’t just go empty handed, so we made bacon wrapped little smokies and snickers apple salad. Growing up, my aunt, Rosanne, always made this dish and it was incredible! It’s a fun dessert that makes you think of fall and caramel apples. Plus it’s super easy and inexpensive for the amount it makes.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
It seems like an odd combinations, but it’s one of the best ones out there. Everyone loved it and I ate way too much!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Ingredients: 8 Granny Smith Apples, 8 Snickers Bars, 5-6 OZ Package Vanilla Pudding Mix, 1 Cup of Milk, 16 OZ Cool Whipe, 1 1/2 Cup of Chocolate Covered Peanuts.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
-Dice up apples.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Slice up the snickers, but save one for the top.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Chop each snickers into about 18 pieces.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
The hardest part is not eating them…
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Coffee helps the temptation and fills the empty hole.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Set the bowl of snickers and apples aside.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the pudding package and milk.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Mix until the pudding is clump free and thick.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Add the unthawed cool whip to the pudding mixture.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
My cool whip wasn’t fully unthawed so I grabbed the hand mixer.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Stir in the apples and snickers.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Mix in the chocolate covered peanuts!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Add the salad to a serving bowl.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Dice the extra snickers bar and add it to the top of the serving dish.
I chose melted chocolate for the top of mine because I forgot to buy caramel at the grocery store, and didn’t feel like making any.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Drizzle the chocolate or caramel on top.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Refrigerate the salad for an hour before serving!

No comments:

Post a Comment