Sunday, August 18, 2013

Wanderlust: Seattle & Vancouver

This time last year I was returning home from a two week long trip to the Pacific Northwest. I spent time in Seattle and Vancouver with my cousin Kelsey and my uncle Greg. It was my second time to Seattle and it was long over due. The weather in the summer is amazing! It's never too cool or too warm, everything is always just right. The city it's self is so diverse, with modern boutiques and businesses to mom and pop restaurants and of course the public market. You can spend weeks there and still not experience everything. After spending a week in Seattle we made the short drive across the boarder to Vancouver. It was my first time being out of the country so I was very excited. I was very surprised to discover how beautiful the city was. Nestled in a valley surrounded by water and mountains was so incredible. Downtown is a wonderful mix of skyscrapers and French / European architecture. I was pleased to discover how much the city relied on water transportation. The daily use of water taxi's, buses and sailboats was a great change of scenery. The city itself has so much to offer anyone at any age.




Ever since last summer I've been pining to go back. It's a city that you will want to visit over and over again for the rest of your life. This could possibly be the wanderlust kicking in but I was itching to plan another trip but summer seem'd too far away. So my cousin, Kelsey and I decided to go up for Christmas this year! I have only been in the summer so I am thrilled to see what the city will look like coated in Christmas lights. We will be there for almost 2 weeks and have already made plans to see the Nutcracker and Beethoven's 9th at the Seattle Symphony. 




                                                                             Until then I will be distracted by thumbing through my pictures from the previous trips and browsing fall / winter wardrobe must have's. Who know's when the perfect picture op might come up. I can even keep my fingers crossed for a possible Grey's sighting. I know every once in a while they fly up to film some outdoor scene's. I would FREAK if I got to watch or even meet some of them. I might go ahead and call that in so be expecting some pictures to be uploaded that day. Is there any place that you guys have been before and loved in Seattle? Let us know! You might even see it in the post when we are there. I mean who doesn't love a little shout out every now and then.


One of the guys sailing the boat was very cute, so I took a little pic.


                                                                                         - Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment