Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wanderlust: 5 Years

Good day everybody! I hope today finds you well. I've spent most of the day working and trying to clear my mind. All day I've had writers block and I just couldn't concentrate at all. Now that I have spent the day driving around, sending emails and calling people I have found myself yet again thinking about traveling...
 
 
I had breakfast this morning with my friend Whitney. It was so nice to come in late and just spend the morning catching up with her and learning about a new book she is reading. We then spoke about traveling and adventure. I should have known better - this gets my mind going a hundred miles per hour. I start thinking about all of the places I want to go and see in the next 5-10 years. So I decided I want to write a list of all the places that I want to experience in the next 5 years. This was hard but I finally made a list. I decided I will travel to at least 2 new places per year. Preferably in the Spring/Summer and then again in Fall/Winter. This will be tough since I will be making trips to Colorado and Seattle as well but I'm determined to make this happen. I want to experience the world, I want to travel and meet all kinds of wonderful people. I don't think I can actually make the list because so much will change between now and then so I'm keeping my options open.

You can't plan life so I'm not going to plan trips. I'm going to let the world show me it's self one day at a time. It might be a family trip to Martha's Vineyard or backpacking across Europe with some of my best friends. What ever the trip I'm always ready to go. I'm ready to live and take it all in! I don't include my upcoming trip on this, well okay maybe a little bit but since this will be my third trip to Seattle it's not a new place anymore. I'm starting to call it a vacation home, I'm sure my uncle would love that. I say travel as much as you can while you can. I'm sure he would agree. Well it's about time I get off of here and get back to my oh so fabulous life. Which tonight will consist of a high school volleyball game, laundry, project runway, a couple chapters from my new book and maybe an episode of Grey's before bed. It's a must!

                                                                                             - Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment