Monday, January 13, 2014

6 Week P+P Challenge Update | Fit & Healthy

Hello everyone & happy Monday! I wanted to give you all a little update on my progress so far. For those of you that don't know what my 6 week challenge was here is a catch up -> 6 Week P+P Challenge. Once the 6 weeks were over I wanted to continue on exercising 4-5 times per week and still continue eating 5-6 healthy meals per day. I can honestly tell you that It's hard. Eating that many times per day without a game plan is crazy. Most days I wake up early and start thinking about what I want to eat that day. Since the first of  November I've lost nearly 20lbs & about 10 inches!! YAY!
 
 
The two most important things I've learned during this challenge was to pay attention to what I was eating and to put in that extra effort - especially when you don't feel like it. It all gets easier once you make a decision to be fully committed. The thought of having some of the old food I used to eat makes my stomach queasy. When I first started my challenge I wanted to do some research about the food that I had been eating. I also watched some documentaries on Netflix like Food Inc. That completely changed my mind about fast food and fillers in food you buy at the store. I guess you could call me a label whore - and not that kind of label. When I'm at the store getting groceries or snacks I always look at the label. I want to know what's in the food I'm eating. You would be surprised at not only what's in the product but that they actually print that it's in there. Become aware!

Same goes for working out. Our bodies were created to adapt, why would it not apply to workouts. When you do the same thing over and over you stop seeing results. That same gym routine isn't only boring but you have stopped getting results. Change it up - do some classes, go on some walks or a hike. Have fun with it! Some of my favorite workout video's are from TONE IT UP. Check out their fun and challenging workouts that you can do anywhere. Your results are up to you, don't feel discouraged. Reach out to friends and family, I bet there is someone that will want to join in with you. Do your research and find what types of workouts you like. Learn to prep your meals & always pack healthy snacks like almonds in your bag. Reach out to me if you have any questions!

                                                                                                                             xo, Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment