Monday, March 3, 2014

My Current Read | Book Club


With my mindset change on my healthy lifestyle, I've also been craving some type of mental change as well. I've always been a reader, in high school the librarians knew my name and would hold book they thought I would like. I could read through 3-4 books in a couple weeks. I was far from being a nerd though! I had to constantly put in extra effort to just pass my math classes. It's just a numbers thing, because then I would go to a history or government class and completely ace my assignments and finals. Math and I just aren't made for each other. So back to the books... I've had a membership card to Barnes & Noble for as long as I can remember. If you don't have one and catch yourself there a couple times a month I really would suggest getting one. You save 10% on each purchase and get special discounts online and on hardbacks. I'm always looking for a new book and like to check out the current book on Oprah's and Lauren Conrad's book clubs. With the last couple of months being so crazy I haven't had much time to read. So I decided to run by and get a couple new books I'd been meaning to pick up since Christmas. I'm usually not a self help kind of person but I knew I wanted to read this book after I've heard multiple people talk about it. If you aren't currently reading a book... drop everything and go pick up HOW TO WIN FRIENDS & INFLUENCE PEOPLE by Dale Carnegie. I'm only on the second chapter and I can tell you I will re-read this book twice a year for the rest of my life.

This isn't just for an already successful business woman or a fresh out of college you woman. This is for anyone and everyone at any age. I'm actually surprised that we weren't assigned this in school. It's been in print for over 75 years and is still a best seller!! 

I'm already taking pages of notes and reminding myself throughout the day what I've read and to apply it. This book will literally change your life.If you don't see a change and others don't notice anything different after you have read the book then you need to read it again.

Okay, that's enough. Just telling you about it makes me want to go read more.

Enjoy the rest of today!
                                      xo, Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment