Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A New Face Everyday of The Week | Beauty


YAY!! I'm so freaking excited to share this post with you! I know you have heard me say a thousand times that our skin is so important but it really is so I sat down a few weeks ago and decided to really dig my heels in. For years I have sunbathed without any type of skin protection and gone to bed without taking my makeup off or had any type of skin routine. First I can say that I'm not about to send you out to buy 18 different products to use a day. I'm telling you what works for me and what I just recently learned about what skin care really means. ARE YOU READY?! So you know how we have weekly schedules for everything; like going to the gym, chores around the house and other things like that? Well that is exactly the way our skin car should be too. Yes, I'm talking about each day you should give your face some love. I sat down and went through all of my products and figured out a schedule so that each day is like a trip to the spa. I know that my face loves me even more now - plus I even had some people comment on how great my skin was looking!! 

SUNDAY | PM

Now I know that everyone is different but I like to shower at night - so when I'm in the shower I love using Aveeno's Positively Ageless Resurfacing Scrub. I gently rub it all over my face (except my eyes) down my neck and across my chest - where I have had YEARS of sun exposure. Once I'm out and dried off I then spritz my face, neck and chest with the Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz for a little tone/cleanse and freshness right before bed.

MONDAY | AM

Monday morning is important. It's the day to set the bar for the rest of the week so you want to make sure that you are hydrated and have plenty of sleep to get the ball rolling. So after I brush my teeth and use a basic cleansing wipe to remove any dirt or oil that appeared over night. Then I apply 3 drops of the Skin Inc Brightening Serum to my face, neck and chest. Once I have gotten ready for the day I apply a thin layer of Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream before I head out to take on the day.

MONDAY | PM

Once I am getting ready for bed it's another cleansing wipe to remove the day's dirt. I wash my hands and apply the Re`Vive Intensite Volumizing Eye Serum across my eyelids, under my eyes then on the inner and outer corners. I then apply the Lancer Lift Serium Intense on the remaining parts of my face, my neck and my chest.

TUESDAY | PM

In the morning I will obviously use a cleansing wipe and BB Cream before heading out the door. Tuesday nigh I like to focus on conditioning my naturally dry, dull skin. So tonight I reach for my Botanics Conditioning Clay Mask that gives my skin a great little pick my up. Not only does this magical clay pull out any impurities but it also brings a different approach to masks. Before climbing into bed I will massage a new little obsession of mine onto my face, neck and chest; Babyganis Moisturizing Daily Lotion. Yes I know it's for babies but I can't help it. I LOVE how soft it makes my skin feel plus if babies can use it you know there isn't any added crap! >> A little tip: apply your masks before you get into the shower so it's super easy to cleanse off!

WEDNESDAY | PM


Studies show that Wednesday is usually the day of the week where you skin really starts to look it's worse so I start with a cleansing wipe and the Skin Inc Brightning Serum that I used Monday morning. Wednesday night I focus on moisturizing my typically dry skin. So I will apply the Number 7 Beautiful Skin Hydration Mask all over my face, neck and chest. I like to let it sit for about an hour before I wash it off with a clean wash cloth and warm water. Then about 10 minutes before I go to bed I apply a thin layer of the Botanics Replenishing Night Cream Age Defense. If you can't tell I'm kind of obsessed with Botanics :)

THURSDAY | PM
As Thursday night begins to wind down I like to again focus on cleansing my face. Here is where I pull out my favorite cleanser of all time. Before I jump in the shower I will apply the GlamGlow ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment. This stuff brings new life to my face every time I use it - plus you can just you it as a spot treatment if you like! I don;t use anything else before I go to bed. I like to think I let my face breath on Thursday night's.

FRIDAY | PM
Here is where things get tough. Weekends are the enemy for any type of schedule -why do you think people pig out on the weekends?! I wanted to make it easy - just in case I'm getting home late or spending the night somewhere else. Friday nights are just a simple cleansing cloth and a thin layer of the Botanics Replenishing Night Cream Age Defense that I use on Wednesday nights.

SATURDAY | PM


I really try to make sure I'm home at a reasonable time on Saturday's to let myself rest and relax. So Saturday nights are my holy grail skin nights. I like switching it up every week so I'm only using these products every other week. This week it happens to be the Deep Down Detox Ultra-Cleansing Mud Mask. I will apply a good amount of this thick past all across my face and rinse it off in the shower. Next week I will use the Boscia Bright White Mask that I'm still learning to love. It's not the easiest thing to get off but it does give my skin the best look after I get the mask off. I also like to use Saturday nights as my TRY NEW PRODUCTS night so that if I have some horrific reaction I have a day to figure something out. If you know of something I missing SHARE it with me below!! I hope this helps you figure out your new skin schedule. After all we may be able to have some work done to change our face but we are pretty much stuck with the skin we have. So love it, embrace it and always remember to include your face, neck and chest. Thirty years from now you don't want some wrinkly dull neck hanging under that glowing face. XO, Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment