Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Confidence | Lifestyle

Hi everyone! I hope today finds you well! I've been so busy with my 6 WEEK P+P CHALLENGE so I feel like I'm neglecting all of you. I'm trying to keep a minimum of 2 posts per week so stick with me! Tonight I am writing from my dining room while I'm waiting for my chicken to finish cooking. I'm making a delicious chicken tortilla soup but with my own little twist. Since I'm eating super healthy I figured I would find some yummy new recipes to try. I've really been craving soup and your typical cluster of fall favorites, roast/stew/chili. They aren't terrible but not really clean enough for me to be eating while on my challenge. I will test this one out and let you all know how it turns out!
 
 
 
I've been wanting to write this post for a while but I just haven't found the correct time and honestly have felt a little bashful about writing it to begin with. I just feel that this issue is pretty important and that it should be brought up.
 
 
Growing up I was constantly surround by strong, powerful women. Women that would stand up for themselves and women that exuberated confidence. I truly believe that because I witnessed it, I myself became confident. Don't get me wrong, I had embarrassing moments where I wanted to crawl into a whole. Moments that I would never dare speak of again. We all have those moments but the best moments are the ones that follow. The moments where you shine and are challenged to push beyond the embarrassment to show that it doesn't matter. The only person that controls your confidence is you! I hate hearing young girls try to destroy each others confidence instead of building each other up. You should always instill a sense of pride into young women. Maybe even get in the habit of encouraging women daily, in your work place, school or even your family. I can't tell you how often I hear my younger cousins tell me about girls in their school that are so hateful and have no respect or themselves. I can tell you that most of those girls are probably lacking confidence. Don't let others misunderstanding and lack of confidence keep you from shining.
 
 
                                                xo, Erica


No comments:

Post a Comment