Sunday, November 24, 2013

Not Your Average Thursday | Thanksgiving

It's just a few days away! I couldn't be more excited to gather the family and spend the day watching football, eating some delicious food and spending time with those I'm thankful for. This year I decided that I wanted to bring a side dish and a dessert to Thanksgiving. I do seem to think I'm some masterful chef that could beat any competitor on Iron Chef or Chopped. Whenever it's on I just get sucked in and start thinking of what I would cook. I've been doing it for years and still haven't lost. Joking but not really. When I realized that I had less than a week to decide what I wanted to bring I went straight to my trusty pinterest board. Where I found exactly what I needed to narrow my options down. As of now - I'm still not completely sure but I have a final three. So here they are the dishes that I've deemed worthy of our table this year. Lets be honest, I will probably end up making all of them. I found this assortment by Better Homes and Gardens of their Top 30 Thanksgiving Side Dishes. As any chef would do, um yeah - chef, I started browsing and was a little too intimidated to try and create some but found these three that I'm sure will turn out perfectly. I realize that these really aren't healthy at all but I mean Thursday is going to be my cheat day. I'm sure that most of America will be having their cheat day this coming Thursday. So don't feel bad, we all sleep it off a couple hours later right? Right. Then we go back for more :)
 
 
Here are my final three:
 
 
 
 
 
I really want to make all three but I have a feeling that my grandma will not be okay with me making two of the main staple dishes. I will however be making that dessert. Oh Lord the calories. That's what bootcamp's for right?! I hope you are all having a great weekend :)
 
                                                                       xo, Erica


No comments:

Post a Comment