Monday, April 21, 2014

Why I'd Rather via TSC | Health & Fitness

Okay, So I'm sure by now you all know that I LOVE TSC! I mean not only am I a huge fan of her blog and her new book (that you can purchase on on health & fitness tab). I share quite a few of her tips and posts on here so that you all can also benefit from her awesome ways!! I'm a huge STARBUCKS person so when I came across this post I was a little sad but very pleased to find out that my drink was not included in this. Since it's just coffee, milk and ice. HUGE RELIEF!! I still wanted to share this with you so that you would know and have the opportunity to alter your drink order or just give up on it and choose another like mine that doesn't have any of that icky stuff. So I hope this helps and know that It's for the best :) Enjoy the fab Skinny Confidential post below and see the original HERE!


I can’t.
I just…can’t with Frappaccinos.
If you’re a fan, I sincerely apologize in advance ( & maybe you shouldn’t continue reading ).
First off remember circa 2001 when Britney Spears gained all that weight & blamed on Frapps?
Everyone thought it was a cop out? Well, err, ehh I actually believe her.
These blended chemical-filled drinks are so disgusting, I’m surprised they’re even legal.
Like, seriously, WTF?
Anyway let’s get down to it…here’s the real deal on Frappacinos AKA Crappacinos:
First off there’s 81 ( eighty one!!! 8!!! 1!!! 81!!! 8-1!!! ) grams of sugar in a caramel Venti Crapp.
Ok, so 81 grams of sugar is equal to three Snicker bars…hmmm…
& let’s not even talk about the carbs ( 87 grams ) or calories ( 510 cals ) or fat ( 17 grams ).
Yikes!
Ok, so get this caramel coloring equals carcinogen.
Heard of it??
Basically according to this source, “caramel coloring is manufactured by heating ammonia and sulfites under high pressure, which is what creates the carcinogenic compounds. Animal testing has resulted in liver, lung, and thyroid tumors in mice. Coke and Pepsi changed their formulas when it was discovered that caramel coloring could be contributing to thousands of cancer deaths every year because they were using dangerous amounts of it in their sodas. They figured it could be bad for business if they had to include a cancer warning label on the can or bottle. And don’t expect the FDA to protect you because caramel coloring is still on their list of approved additives.”
Annnnddd don’t even start me on Starbucks oatmeal— that’s contains caramel coloring too!!
Fun times.
Oh & you ready for this one? Starbucks admitted here that their strawberry Frappy contains crushed bugs. Yes, bugs.
They say “crushed bugs are harmless.” I say “no thanks.”
& hey, if you have to have a Crappuccino, be smart. Skip the whipped cream, syrup, & at least order a small.
Also, you guys know I’m all about modifying— I’m not big on deprivation, so of course I had to create a DIY version:
The Skinny Confidential Real Deal Frapp:
♡ 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or Suja’s ‘Vanilla Cloud’
♡ 1/2 cup coffee ( this is my favorite brand )
♡ 2-3 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
♡ A few sprinkles of cinnamon & nutmeg
♡ 1 handful ice
+ Blend & enjoy!
Next time you’re at Starbucks opt for organic tea & BYOOC ( AKA bring your own organic coffee- like this one ).
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news- please don’t shoot the messenger!!
Happy Tuesday, xx Lauryn
{ Want more? Read the truth about sickie, disgusting syrups here }.


                                                                                                                      xo, Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment